Wednesday 21 September 2016

WALT Explain and use the invariant properties of figures and objects under transformation [reflection, rotation, translation or enlargement]


Rendered Image

Rendered Image


Introduction
On the last week of term two our class made art out of geometry using the squares on our peace of paper we used Translation, Reflection, Enlargement and Rotation.

First I got three strips of paper and five little square pieces of paper. I had to fold the paper on the lines of symmetry then I had to cut out the triangles. I got eight triangles, with those triangles I glued them on the strip of paper putting them in the order reflection, translation and rotation. When I was done they looked like this:


Sep 21, 2016 10:22:05 AM.jpgSep 21, 2016 10:23:21 AM.jpgSep 21, 2016 10:20:58 AM.jpg



Secondly I did enlarging shapes on grid paper. I started with a bird in a cage. I had to enlarge it by a scale factor of two so if one part was originally one across it will be two across, if it was two across it would be four across. Then I went on to a level five enlarging task, it was hard to enlarge it from the center of rotation.Sep 21, 2016 11:28:59 AM.jpgSep 21, 2016 11:32:16 AM.jpg





Finally I did my geometry artwork. First I got a piece of paper then ruled it into a ten by twenty centimetre grid. Then I drew out patterns on the paper. The patterns had to show reflection, translation, rotation and/or enlargement. Then I colored it, printed it four times, then glued those four pieces of paper on an A2 piece of paper.  

Sep 21, 2016 12:15:07 PM.jpg


















I thought this unit was fun\not fun. Fun because I got to draw my own art work work and color and all that. And not fun because when I did the enlarging task I was in at lunch to finish it because I didn't understand how to do the enlargement and Ben helped me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Robotics with Ms Chowfin

Designing a Mars Lander For the start of our design we tested all of the three bots on the mars lander and disguised what one ...