Wednesday 14 September 2016

Ski Trip

Ski Trip

On Monday the 16th of August 2016 Room One at Karoro School went to Porters ski field everyone had to be at school a 6:45pm that meant people had to get up at 6:15. When we left everyone hopped in cars and had a two hour journey to Porters.

When we got there we got our skis and our ski boots on. Then we got sorted into groups, into beginners, intermediate and advanced skiers. I was in beginners. In beginners I had a twenty five minute lesson and when I was good enough Ms Kemp gave me a password so I could go on the intermediate.

After a while I finally got the hang of it and I got told the password which was Mawhera.  I told Mrs Martin so she let me on the intermediate slope.  My dad came on with me for my first time but I fell off the gondola thing [the poma lift]. I went again and I made it up to the top. When I went down the wind was blowing in my face and I went side to side then I came to the bottom so I went on the slope again.

Finally  it was time to drive home. Jack was in the car and so was Mrs Martin. Halfway home, I think it was past Arthurs Pass, I fall asleep. I woke up to a step of a brake. My dad was stopping for road works.  I ended up with watching Jack eat his white chocolate all the way home.


I really enjoyed the ski trip and I'm going next year if I can.  My dad said that he will take me back on the weekend.

  • By Gage Jamieson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Robotics with Ms Chowfin

Designing a Mars Lander For the start of our design we tested all of the three bots on the mars lander and disguised what one ...